Friday 25 March 2011

Evaluation Question 1: In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My group decided to choose the genre of Dub-step. We conducted research on magazines that focused on Dub-Step but we couldn't find any, the reason for this is because Dub-step isn't a well known genre. it has been an upcoming genre for the past 2 years.

Because my magazine will focus on Dub-step I decided that it should have unique and similar conventions to other magazines. An example of this would be a magazine designed to show Hip-Hop using a graffiti font to show its background.

So for my magazine to do this, I had to pick out a typical element of dupstep which I could link back to with my magazine so chose to focused on the wildness of the genre.


From looking at the front cover, the audience can immediately see the image and the colour scheme of black , the colour black represents the boldness of the genre as black is seen a bold colour. I chose blue because blue is seen as a masculine colour and my magazine is targeted at men, and white because it is a pure colour and it can be changed into anything just like dub-step . If my magazine was to be sold I believe that it would attract people to look at I believe that the front cover would stand out to the audience due to this different image colour scheme.The front cover uses similar conventions to a regular magazine but I believe it still tells the audience what it is designed to do.

Starting off with the articles, you can see that they are in list form which is a very common convention within existing magazines. The contents page uses common conventions such as an image and what is on the pages.

As you can see, my double page spread is quite uncommon where one page is mainly images and the other is mainly text. my double page spread is unique because it consists of one main image and text. the reason for this is so that the audience can concentrate on the article rather than concentrate on the magazine.










No comments:

Post a Comment